Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time for Some fun!

Round 13, from August 6 to August 19th

The next four rounds focus on fun activities.


What's so healthy about fun?

In her book, "Quantum Wellness", Kathy Freston writes, "...I can't imagine being well without having any fun. Fun activities, whatever they might be for you, bring levity to your life. They loosen up your energy and bring in optimism. They remind you that life is meant to be joyful." she continues to say, "Sometimes when you are trying to work on your health, you forget that the most important thing is to love life."

Kathy Freston's challenge to us this round is:

"Plan a fun activity - it gives you something to look forward to and then a precious memory to look back fondly on."

Her suggestions for putting a little fun in your life every day include:

*Go out dancing

*"Lose yourself" in your hobby of choice

*Play with your kids or run on the beach with your dogs

*Drive in your car and blast your favorite songs. Make sure you sing along!

*Watch a funny movie. (Please share your favorites with a post in Comments!)


Here are some other suggestions for having fun:

Visit fun SFW (Safe For Work) web sites. I have a category on my bloglines called "For Fun". Whenever I need quick pick-me-up, I take a look at:

Cake Wrecks - "When professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong"


Flickr feeds - Larry Meegan's photostream - look for the button that lets you subscribe - if you use bloglines, the photos will be sent to your account. Larry takes photographs of many major library events. It is always fun to find familiar faces and to see so many people enjoying the library.

Do you have a favorite fun website that you would like to share? Please add it in the Comments.

3 comments:

  1. A Christmas Story, Some Like It Hot, and 9 to 5 are my favorite funny movies, to be shared with favorite friends and family for fun. For more active fun, try boogieboarding in the ocean, kayaking the bay and canoeing the rivers with favorite kids and dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a fun website but being with my grandkids really helps me with motivation to keep my challenge going.
    ALSO check out this weeks TIME magazine. There is an article on exercise that is a real eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite funny movies? Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Duck Soup.

    ReplyDelete